WHAT HAPPENS IN OUR FREE FIRE AWARENESS AND PREPAREDNESS EDUCATION PROGRAM?
Optimum Home Safety is a National Initiative, we work with predominately Home Owners, but also tenants, and our Grey Nomads in boats and caravans with a real concern about their fire safety and protecting and their family’s life in their home fire.
Optimum Home Safety is a community-based Fire Education Program where we go into the home and educate people about the deadly smoke alarm problem here in Australia and many other fire safety aspects to help you be the hero the night of your fire. We are changing the misunderstanding and the culture of “she'll be right mate” about fire. This Australian culture in home fires is killing families like yours, in home fires, every week.
There is no second chance with fire. Fire has no remorse; it will take everything.
There is a major problem in Australia: 97% of homes have ionisation smoke alarms – the type that go off when we cook. Not sure if that has ever happened to you?
But it happens to many people giving them a false sense of security that they will work in a real fire. We have become complacent and desensitised to these false alarms thinking it is proof that they are functioning correctly. This simply could not be further from the truth. They have been banned in QLD now and soon to be Australia wide, but homes are still burning and people getting injured or dying in homes with these types of smoke alarms.
These types of alarms have a 55% probable failure rate in the most deadly fires - the slow smouldering ones that kill at night. The ones responsible for 80% of the fire deaths that occur on Australia. These alarms have a 100% failure rate when people pull the batteries out in frustration of false alarms. Does this sound familiar?
Sadly, 99% of people do not know the problem and there are an average 55 people dying every year in home fires in Australia, whilst, at the same time, we have not had a single reported loss of life among people that have taken our education program and implemented our advice. Over 200 families report back to us each year saying the whole family were safely outside by the time the fire trucks arrived. The education we provide saves lives every single week.
We have saved thousands of people in home fires since 1971 whilst at the same time we have estimated approx. 2,000,000 people have either died or been injured in home fires.
In our fire awareness and preparedness education program and free fire and smoke alarm evaluation, our professionally trained fire and home safety advisor will go through the following and much more;
- Our Safety Advisors will show you why today we are more likely to have a DEADLY FIRE in our home anytime anywhere and have as little as 2 minutes to escape.
- Our Safety Advisors will show you how to prevent a fatal fire
- Our Safety Advisors will show you how to be better prepared for a fatal fire
- Our Safety Advisors will look at your individual family circumstances and home layout to develop a plan to ensure you get everyone out in time should you have a house fire.
- Our Safety Advisors will show you the hot spots in your home that start fires in homes just like yours, every day. Many will surprise you.
- Our Safety Advisors will help you with a meeting spot that all your family know so no one goes back inside looking for someone that is already safe.
- Our Safety Advisors will leave you with some fire prevention checklists and gifts
- Our Safety Advisors will show you operation E.D.I.T.H Exit Drills and how to practice fire drills in the home
- Our safety advisors will explain the shocking truth about the fatal flaws in basic photo-electric alarms that people are installing to replace ionisation.
- Our Safety Advisors will make you aware of the sources of Carbon Monoxide – the silent killer.
- Our Safety Advisors will make you aware of water leak problems and the health dangers of the mould that results if left uncorrected.
- Our Safety Advisors will change your understanding the fatal fallacy of the common training of “get down low and Go Go Go”.
- Our Safety Advisors will give you correct advice on the most critical place to store a Fire Extinguisher – and it’s not the kitchen.
- Our Safety Advisors will show you why installing the minimum required by law does not cover the areas where 85% of fires commence, what the government rationale is for this and how it hugely increases the risk of someone dying the night you have a house fire.
Many of us had basic fire education at school yet deaths continue to occur weekly because the nature of fires has changed enormously and we are simply unprepared to deal with the disaster that could happen at any moment.
Ready to find out more?
Contact us to get your FREE Fire Awareness and Preparedness Education Program!